Inception Meeting of Turkey was held at the TUBITAK/ANKARA, in Meeting Room 3, on July 26 2013, at 14:00, within the scope of the “Integrated Hotspots Management and Saving the Living Black Sea Ecosystem (HOT-Black Sea)” Project, which was carried out by TUBITAK MRC Environment and Cleaner Production Institute in Turkey. A total of 26 experts, from related public instituitions/organizations, universities, and non-governmental organizations, participated in this meeting.
Find attached Inception Meeting Programme
In the beginning of the meeting, Assistant Professor Ertan Durmuşoğlu, Director of the Environment and Cleaner Production Institute, gave an opening speech; following this Mrs. Bahar Özöğüt, from the General Directorate of Environmental Management of the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning, conveyed information on the “Protection of the Black Sea Against Pollution (Bucahrest Convention)”. Subsequently, Project Leader of Turkey Mrs. Gülsen Avaz gave a presentation containing the definition of the project, studies that were carried out and scheduled to be carried out, and the support expected from the partners within the scope of the project. Finally, a joint study on the “Introduction and Discussion of the Questionnaire on LBS Management and Monitoring” was was carried out with the contribution of all participants.
The names of the participated institutes/organizations are listed below:
- TUBITAK Marmara Research Center, Environment and Cleaner Production Institute
- Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning, General Directorate for the Protection of Natural Heritage
- Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning, General Directorate of Environmental Management
- Ministry of Forest and Water Affairs, General Directorate of Water Management
- Ministry of Forest and Water Affairs, Public Waterworks Administration
- Middle Eastertern Technical University, Department of Environmental Engineering
- Ministry of Health, Public Health Instituiton of Turkey
- Ministry of Food, Agriculture, and Livestock, General Directorate of Agricultural Reforms
- Ministry of Food, Agriculture, and Livestock, General Directorate of Vegetable Production
- Ministry of Food, Agriculture, and Livestock, General Directorate of Food and Control
- Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication, Society of Underwater Researches
- Ministry of the European Union